Thursday, December 16, 2010

Better late than never....

After 35 years of life I finally realized and accepted something about myself.  I never rocked the mojo with the ladies because I hung out with the wrong people.  Yeah, I said it...it wasn't my fault.  
Quick sidenote:  my wife is excluded from any of the following commentary because, to her credit, she was keen enough to finally give in...or give up, either way...kudos to her.
Now, back on point....I hung out with the wrong people.  Make no mistake, I like who I hang out with and have hung with, I harbor no ill feeling or resentment at all--I love my friends.   Just let me paint the picture and then I'll get right to the point.  I'm not tall, nor particularly striking.  I'm certainly not the smartest person in the room at any given time, and I have perfected no specific talent to speak of.  On a scale of 1-10, I'm thinking I'm on it somewhere.  But, my problem isn't me, I'm doing just fine, I've had a great run...it's my friends. 
They're brilliant, attractive, tall, athletic, skilled, motivated, accomplished, outgoing, blah, blah, blah...they are all of those and more and they make me look bad--and that is my point.  If I wasn't attracted (intellectually and emotionally :) to the opposite (my wife for example--foxy, brilliant...the only thing questionable is her taste in guys) of me, I could have totally looked better by comparison.  Dang.  But it's not too late, I still have time to befriend someone less fortunate than me, I'd be doing us both a favor! 

3 comments:

  1. Annnnnd, another good post. But you're way off base here, buddy. The science teacher gig you held? That was hot. The art teacher angle? That was just the cherry on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. the secret word I had to type in to post that last comment was "bustrub." hahaha. That's what she said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree and let me tell you, the way he can sing the harmony on Britney Spears songs made me swoon!

    I find you striking, babe, and you are vey athletic. Getting too mushy? Love ya.

    This was Kelli, BTW.

    ReplyDelete